We have developed the Cryochaps Absolute Wrap ice wraps for horses to mimic ice bath therapy, otherwise known as cold water immersion or cryotherapy. Icing is commonly used among human athletes recovering from exercise. Furthermore, it is also an established practice when dealing with an injury. The Cryochaps cooling horse leg wraps have been designed to help in the rehabilitation after injury and be part of your horse’s everyday cool-down routine.
Product Features of the Absolute Wrap Ice Wraps For Horses
- Ease of Application: One leg wrap will fit either the front or hind leg. We have designed the Cryochaps Absolute Wrap to fit knees, hocks and pasterns
- Ice and Compression: Our cooling wraps provide both to give a great fit and good cold transfer
- Reusability: Simply allow the leg wraps to dry out before laying flat, redistributing the gel and putting back in the freezer
- Easy Clean: Cryochaps are easy to wipe clean after use
- Quick Freezing: A single wrap can be fully frozen in a couple of hours in a fast freeze freezer, we recommend storing in the freezer
- Fast Acting: Our ice wraps provide quick cooling of the horse’s leg
- Full Coverage: We have designed the Absolute Wrap to offer full coverage of the hock, pastern or knee
Why You Need the Cryochaps Absolute Wrap
Lower leg injuries are a common occurrence in horses. Horses often have knocks out in the field or stable, and injuries can also occur during schooling sessions or out hacking. Humans have bred domestic horses to be faster, more agile and more supple. They also undertake much more fast work than their wild ancestors. However, their limbs do not always cope with having to balance 400kg of bone and muscle on their legs.
Cryochaps have designed the Absolute Wrap to help cool the hocks, pasterns and knees after exercise. They have been designed to form part of an everyday cool-down routine, with a focus on post-exercise recovery and injury prevention.
Our cooling boots are also ideal for providing ice and compression following an injury as they may help speed up the healing process and reduce pain.