Cryochaps K2F compression ice boots for horses are designed to form part of your horse’s everyday cool-down routine and they may help in the rehabilitation of the horse after injury. Cryochaps ice wraps mimic ice bath therapy, which is commonly used for human athletes to help with recovery after exercise.
Product Features of Cryochaps K2F Compression Ice Boots for Horses:
- Ease of Application: one leg wrap can fit the left or right leg and offer a secure fit
- Ice & Compression: our ice boots provide both, the Stretch Neoprene boot provides the essential compression needed for effective cold transfer and helps reduce swelling
- Reusability: Our cooling wraps for horses are durable and reusable
- Easy Clean: Cryochaps are easy to wipe clean after use
- Quick Freezing: Spread out in teh freezer for the fastest cooling
- Fast Acting: Cryochaps ice boots for horses provide quick cooling of the leg
- Full Coverage: Our leg wraps provide full coverage of all the tendon and ligament structures in the lower leg, whilst still allowing the horse to move
Why You Need Cryochaps K2F Ice Boots
Lower leg injuries in horses are a common occurrence. Horses are designed to be super quick and supple, balancing 400kg of bone and muscle on four legs. Furthermore, humans have selectively bred the horse to become more agile, more expressive, more powerful, faster and stronger. However, their limbs do not always cope. Consequently, as any owner will know, injuries are commonplace.
As a result of better veterinary knowledge and diagnostic technology, soft tissue injuries can be diagnosed more easily. Unfortunately, diagnosis often leads to time consuming rehabilitation.
Cryochaps K2F cooling wraps can be used after exercise, ice and compression used together have been seen to help post-exercise recovery.The general theory behind cold therapy is that the cold exposure helps to combat the micro trauma (small tears) in tissues and resultant soreness caused by intense or repetitive exercise.
Initially, the cold therapy constricts blood vessels, flushes waste products and reduces swelling and tissue breakdown. When the ice and compression is removed the healing process jumps-starts as the tissue warms and the blood flow increases with an influx of oxygen. Cryochaps K2F ice boots for horses provide cold therapy and essential compression to be proactive against micro trauma, or to help the healing process after injury.
Cryochaps could be a useful product to add to the cool down routine to reduce leg temperatures quickly and they may help with the horses’ recovery.